Ideas on how to buy Bitcoin
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volatility of the cryptocurrency markets, we have now reduced the payment window to 4 days for all Bitcoin and Litecoin orders. If you place an order and then find that you can’t pay for it in 96 hours or less, start over with a new order once the payment is ready to be sent. Thank you. -MB
Where to buy bitcoin
Note: We have heard of people having difficulty with Coinbase. We will still accept bitcoins from Coinbase, but we recommend switching to another company if you are having trouble with them. Here are some options for buying bitcoins:
- Cash App- Cashapp seems to be our customers’ new favorite. You can easily buy bitcoins with a credit card right on your phone. Search the 10S App Store or Google Play store for Cashapp. There are many tutorials on Youtube to guide you through the easy process. Here’s a coupon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwOPvxNVnU
- Cex.io – Cex is another good option for buying bitcoins with a credit card. We have heard great things about Cex.io. They have a detailed verification process, but once you have purchased from them once everything went smoothly for future orders. Here is a tutorial on using Ce.io.
- Coinmama – Coinmama has lowered its fees a bit and has become a good place to buy bitcoin with a credit card. Note that you can purchase the specific amount of bitcoins for your order using the slider on their main page. If you buy the exact amount you can put the wallet address we provide you directly in the purchase form and we will get paid directly, so you don’t need to mess with an intermediate wallet. Here is a tutorial on using Coinmama.
- Bitcoin ATM- You could be living near a bitcoin ATM! Click on the map for the locations of the United States
- LibertyX – Buy bitcoins easily with cash. Just enter your zip code and find out if there is a location near you.
- Paxful- There are tons of ways to buy bitcoins with Paxful.
- You can also exchange unused gift cards. One of the simpler sites but the rates can be expensive. There is a good tutorial on their site.
Localbitcoins- Again many ways to buy bitcoins. You can even meet someone locally and buy with cash!
There are many other ways to get bitcoins. If you get really stuck let us know!
- When you receive bitcoins, if you don’t send to us directly, you will need to have a bitcoin wallet.
- You can always save any leftovers for future purchases.
Here are our wallet tips:
- For a mobile phone we recommend Blockchain And Mycelium.
- For your computer we recommend Electrum.
- For an online wallet we recommend Greenaddress.
All of these will work, but make sure you have a GOOD password and REMEMBER IT! You can lose all your Bitcoins if you forget your password.